Professional Web Design
Our web development process is unique, in that it allows us to dive deep into your project from both a textual documentation approach as well as a visual approach through rapid prototyping.
This process enables active collaboration between you and our design and programming teams. We virtually build out the main pages of the site in the prototyping process and then utilize the design phase to enhance the user interface.
During the development phase we will provide releases allowing for reviews, comments and feedback on the actual system. During this time you are able to actively test and review the actual system and our team of testers will be going through it with a fine-tooth comb.
The following is an outline of your scope of work, our process and the goals for each step in the process.
Website Discovery Phase
We will conduct meetings and interviews with stakeholders in order to define stakeholder goals, identify the site audience and their goals, and research your industry/competitors.
- Goals Outline – Define the goals and results the stakeholders want from the website.
- Audience List – Define who the various audiences are for the website and determine what the audience wants from the site.
- Analytics – Deep dive into current analytics for a better understanding on how users are currently using the website. These findings (good and bad) will be used in the Definition Phase.
- Competitor Research – Because the competition is targeting a similar demographic, it is important to find out what they offer. Our team will review what the competition is doing to capture their audience, and identify what does and does not work. This will offer more clues about how to reach your target audience.
Website Definition Phase
Taking our research and analysis collected during the Discovery Phase, our team will document and create a prototype for the website in advance of design or development to ensure the best possible results for lead generation and ultimately conversion.
- Site Map Outline – After analyzing your current website and its competitors, we will work with you to create an initial high-level site map that will outline the major sections and subsections of the system.
- Critical and Secondary Elements – Based on all of the information gathered, we will put together a list of elements that are necessary to have in the main sections of the website to support the different user needs.
- Requirements Documentation – We will outline the business and technical requirements for your project including use cases—where necessary.
- Information Architecture – This is the structural design of information that expresses the concept of this information used within a complex system (i.e. web development, UI, database development, programming, etc.). The organizing and labeling of the website will support findability and usability.
- Conversion Optimization – Sometimes known as ‘post click marketing’, conversion optimization is the psychology of structuring, designing, and wordsmithing your site in such a way that a much higher percentage of your site’s visitors will convert to a lead, by either calling, e-mailing or filling out your contact form. Our team is fanatical about making websites that produce results.
- Search Engine Optimization – We make sure that the future site is structured in a search engine friendly way and all the on-page elements that are important for search engines are in place.
- Analytics – We will plan the site structure to allow for optimal Analytics integration during the deployment phase.
- Prototype Live on the Web – We will create User Interface Prototypes / Wireframes – online HTML clickable prototypes demonstrating screens layout, sitemap and behavior with context notes.
Prototype will cover target your site’s needs with all the necessary subpages and logic (opening menus, navigating from page to page, form elements, etc). Prototype will include clickable context notes explaining specific requirements associated with UI elements.
Please note that the prototype will not contain any artwork integrated and is meant to provide wireframes only. This approach allows quick reviews from both customer and our teams and provides an easy way to incorporate changes. Implementing consistent changes to graphical designs (PSD) requires much more time, therefore it is important to make all the necessary changes in the prototype, review and approve it before proceeding with artwork.
The clickable prototype exercise allows both teams to focus on system strategy, designing structure, critical elements for system users, navigation structure, information architecture and workflows. This is a key factor in delivering a site or system that delivers value to its audience as well as beautiful design and functionality that has value and a real purpose and not just design and functionality for design sake.
Website Design Phase
We will create the overall graphic site design concept and integrate it into the wireframe and site architecture, with the conversion optimization strategy in mind.
- Concept Creation – This is the creative process of design, and the overall theme of your website – the look-and-feel aspects that include color schemes, graphics, font type, etc. A custom, aesthetic design will be crafted that will exhibit your organization’s image of professionalism and credibility.
- Inner Templates Designs – Once the Master Design Concept is approved, our team will take that and extend it throughout all of the templates that have been identified during the wireframe prototyping steps.
- Design comps will be provided for review until a final design concept is approved.
Website Development Phase
All programming and testing is done during this phase. At this point, your site will be deployed to a test environment for review and polishing. We deliver releases on a regular basis, usually either weekly or bi-weekly in order to allow feedback and comments and to allow more testing during the process. You’ll be kept in the know as these releases come out and we’ll be reviewing them together.
- Site/System Programming – We will develop your site/system using modern, scalable technologies.
- Testing – We will provide internal QA of the system.
- Cross Browser & OS Compliance – The site will be programmed to support all major browsers on both Windows & MAC.
Website Deployment Phase
We will deploy your website into its hosting site, engage in repeat testing, and provide ongoing maintenance as agreed.
- Analytics – We set up analytics and ensure the conversion funnel is optimized. We will also implement heat map tracking software on the new site which will allow us to tweak the site for an optimized user experience.
- Launch Plan – Work with responsible stakeholders on step by steps to launch solution.
- Prepare Hosting Environment – Preparation of production environment.
- Solution Launched – Solution will be deployed to production and launched.
- Final Testing – We will perform internal quality assurance in staging and production, initiate testing on customer’s side, and gather feedback: issues, defects, changes, suggestions, etc.
- Live Website/System Tested and Polished – Fix any issues, defects, changes, suggestions, etc. found during user acceptance testing.
- Final Approval and Launch Sign Off – Client approves that solution is launched and meets the goals and expectations.